Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Housekeeping..

First on the agenda: I'm having my boyfriend help me spiff up the blog, so it'll be easier on the eyes. If anyone can think of a creative slogan for a knitting blog that hasn't already been used, let me know! I'm open to ideas.

Secondly, I'm getting started on a decorative pillow for my father. As of late, he's been in the hospital with advanced kidney cancer. My parents live in NJ and I go to school in WV, so I hardly get to see them that often. My boyfriend and I are making a trip up there this coming weekend, so hopefully I can pull together this pillow in time. I got the pattern out of Maran Illustrated Knitting & Crocheting. I'm the only one on Ravelry that has added this pattern, so I hope it turns out well so I can take pictures to put up on there. I'm using a different yarn, but the same suggested needle, so I actually might make a gauge swatch before I begin (my very first one).

The striped hat I've been working on is coming along nicely. The only things I'm worried about are that I am schiesse/merde at finishing projects (i.e. sewing, weaving in yarn ends, etc..). If anyone could offer any advice?? I just bought Knitting in Plain English, which I hear is basically the knitting bible of our time, so hopefully that should help.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment